- Eddie Gray (Leeds United) - a fantastic player. His two goals against Burnley in 1970 are awesome and his ability to sell a dummy made Mothercare envious.
- John Robertson (Nottingham Forest) - from what I remember, he only seemed to have two tricks but no one could guess which one he was going to use. Old school top class footballer.
- Chris Waddle (Spurs) - looked like a nashville drummer. Very unique dribbling style.
- Pat Nevin (Chelsea) - small and light weight but could turn like a Strictly Come Dancing contestant.
- Charlie Cooke (Chelsea) - another great Scottish winger. Where have they all gone?
Monday, 21 December 2009
Top Five - Wingers with no Pace
The modern game expects every winger to have the speed of Usain Bolt. Below are listed my top 5 British wingers who prove that the brain moves faster than twitch muscle fibers -